February 06, 2006

I choose my friends

Warning: this might offend you, but give it a chance.

You don't choose my friends, whoever you are. I choose who I want to hang out. I choose my allegiance. If I want to spend all my time with a certain group of people that's my choice, not yours. I shouldn't have to watch my back, or worry about what you are thinking about the people I'm hanging out with. I shouldn't have to be uncomfortable or awkward with a group of people because of someone else's view on who they think are "cool." From now on, I will hang out with whoever I want, and you won't stop me. You can go ahead and talk about me behind my back. That's cool with me. That is your problem. I will no longer be careful about where I sit at in the caf, who I say "hi" to, who I'm walking around with. I will no longer let someone else or a group of persons determine who my friends are. This is me telling whoever you are to get off my back about jumping to or from a club. All the decisions I make or made are for a reason, and are guided by God, so don't question me or command me to do anything.

...Hodges

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First, thanks for the information about the class, some guy on the street was asking me and I had no idea but I knew my good buddy Oksu would! Also I like the post. At the beginning of the year we so quickly got into a "group" of people. It became almost like a rut. And while I love my friends, it is important to do whatever you feel like and not feel so pressured into sitting of hanging out with that certain group. I like that you are free to hang out with whoever you want. You didnt feel pressured to join a certain club because that is what you friends did. You just did what you wanted and I comend you on that. So in other words Good Plan!

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're the man Hodges. And to those that would talk about you behind your back (hopefully there would be none) they need to consider what it means to be a friend.

8:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is kinda cool.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home