February 07, 2006

Friends...again

One thing I liked about xanga was that you could see whatever the person blogging was listening so what I will do for my blog is to just put the album art of what I'm listening to. That was just so you don't get too confused.

So my last post was quite a bit of venting but it definetly needed to happen, but I've felt more at ease since I wrote that. Me, my roommate, Ryan and Piccino talked about it for a little while last night, and it was good to just vent to them too and have them understand.

I realized that I've met a lot of people since I've been at Harding, but I haven't grown really close to any one person. This is probably going to be really vague, but hopefully at the end it will all come together. This year I've been more social than I've been in my whole life. In high school, I kind of kept to myself, but I mean I had my friends, but most people didn't really "know" who I was. I'm not saying that I'm well-known or anything here at HU, but i know that a lot more people know me, and I know a lot more people. Maybe what I'm trying to say is that I haven't built many really close relationships. I was already really close to a group of about 7 guys before I came here, and I've grown closer to them no doubt. But it's hard for me to pick out like a best friend here. It's even harder to pick out a girl that I'm best friends with here. I think I've spread my time with friends out over so many people that I haven't been able to spend much "quality" time with any fewer number of persons. This isn't some sob story or a plea for someone to latch on to me and spend every waking second with, it's just an acknowledgment of my current situation. I will say that I want to become closer to all of my friends, I just hope God can put me in the right situations and tell me who to build the right relationships with.

...Hodges

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are totally going to find the right friend eventually and Im sure when you do you will be a great friend to them, just like you have been to me!

2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home