March 21, 2006

An Update

As requested by anonymous, here's an update. I'm back at Harding now. It feels good to be back. I missed the dorms a lot while I was at home. Living at home with no siblings can be boring because I'm so used to having people so close, and everyone just hanging out in my room.

I had a really good break though. I kept myself occupied for a lot of time. Usually on the breaks I spend most of my time sitting around my house not doing much of anything. On Monday and Tuesday I worked for Austin Sharp's mom, doing her garden. It was fun, and pretty easy because it took her longer to decide what she wanted me to do than for me to actually do it. Wednesday me and Eric hit up some thrift stores and the mall and stuff, it was fun. Thursday Ryan, J.C., Jennifer, Allison and I went down to Turner Falls to go camping. Then Jenny, Karen, Chase, Tim, Trey, Patrick, and Robbie caught up with us a little bit later in the afternoon. I brought Austin's 2-bedroom huge tent that sleeps 8, except no instructions came with it. So me and Ryan just winged it, and with a help of a couple others we jammed some rods in the ground and somehow we got it stay for the night. The downfall to the whole camping trip was that there was a burn ban, so we couldn't have a fire, so we just sat by a lantern at night, and then we couldn't stay the night on Friday because it rained. So we came back and then we planned on staying the night at Jennifer's but it ended up only being Karen, Jenny, Jennifer and me sleeping over.

It's March Madness. My favorite time of the year. I haven't been able to keep with college basketball as much as I would have liked to this year. The cable connection in my dorm room is really fuzzy so I get a headache when I watch TV. Therefore I couldn't watch games very often. My bracket is doing alright right now though. I still have my Final Four intact after the first two rounds, which hasn't happened in the past 5 years. I have Duke, UConn, Gonzaga, and Boston College, and Duke beating UConn in the championship. I'm feeling pretty good about my picks, but i doubt I get 2 of my Final Four picks right.

My favorite CD right now is Everything in Transit by Jack's Mannequin. It took me a while to give them a chance, but they have a really neat sound. The lead singer is the same lead singer from Something Corporate.

I guess that's all I really have to say for the moment...

...Hodges

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good update Hodges. Although, your Final Four picks are a little lacking. How can you not have my Longhorns there? You know they're gonna show those Dookies how real basketball is played.

Ever seen those signs that say JJ is Redickulous? Well I say JJ is Redickulous-LY GAY!

Yeah I said it...

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home