May 26, 2006

I may have forgot how to do this...

I haven't done this in so long I might have just forgotten how to do a blog! A lot of things have happened since the last post, April 22. I finished my freshmen year of college, broke my hand, got a haircut (nothing drastic though), changed from working at the Carmichael Center in Searcy to Lake Hefner Golf Course in Oklahoma City among other random things probably not worth mentioning.

I'm already done with my freshmen year of college. That blows my mind. This semester went by SO fast. It seemed like it was last month that me and Binkley went down to Dallas for New Years. This last semester was so much fun too. I had a great room. AB was a great roommate and it was always a party in the 125 mafia. That room will be hard to beat for years to come. I made so many good friends. I'm glad I was so social this year and met so many people because I won't have the regret of not meeting them until my senior year. Some of the classic memories have included me getting caught naked in the lobby by the pizza lady, Ben Woods go narco anywhere from The Underground to Arby's the last day of the year, Grandpa Woodcock and all of his wisdom, Pete Snell and all his amazing imitations, the camping trip over spring break, Charlton being a front lawn whore, being totally useless at the Carmichael Center, everything Cole Sessions says, the 9 hospital trips between 7 guys because of our football games, watching all the TNT guys doing Spring Sing haha, Miller taking a knee, Satisfaction, the week that Charlton took a nap in my bed every afternoon. I could go on for so long, but I'll guess I'll stop there.

The school part ended up alright but not what I wanted. I planned on having 3 B's and 2 A's, but I ended up with 1 C, 3 B's and an A. Somehow I got a B in Art Appreciation even though I had a 100 average going into the final. I'm still pretty heated about that. But I worked pretty hard, harder than first semester. All I want is to have a 3.0 average when I graduate, and I will get that, I'll just have to be more focused.

I also broke my hand kind of. During dead week we got together for our last football game and about 10 minutes into the game I broke my hand you could say. I had a spiral fracture of my metacarpal bone on my ring finger. I had surgery almost two weeks ago and I just got my wrap off yesterday, so I had some kind of wrap on for 3 weeks and it was a big hassle. But now I have both my hands and I can type with reasonable speed and pretty much do everything a lot easier.

This summer I'll be working at the Golf Course, which is always an event simply because Brett Beesley is there. I'll also be doing random lawn work and hopefully coaching tennis again if my hand heals correctly and soon. I'll also be selling the Cadillac. It has had a good 2 year reign in my life, and I've had some great memories in it, but it's time for it to go. I need something with some good gas mileage.

I'll be doing this more often so check back...

...Hodges

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the Caddy is going to be gone?! I am not sure I can continue with life.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up with the posting Hodges. Where you at son?

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home